My little sweeties

My little sweeties

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Well, Happy New Year!

What a wild ride 2009 has been.

It started off okay, but in the last three months I got pregnant, lost a baby, lost a job, lost a probable adoption match and gained a bunch of weight.

So, here is to a brighter 2010.

My tiny niece Leah Christine was born last night at 6:30 and I spent the afternoon with her and my sister. While I was happy to hold her I also hurt so much that I will not be holding my child when I should have been. She's in heaven and I am here without her. I will never know why I was dealt such an unfair hand, but such is life...or in my dear husband's famous words, "It is what it is." I will have to come to terms with it and start fresh first thing in the morning.

Tonight, however, I will waffle between sad and happy and enjoy a nice bottle of champagne with Jason as we say, "FUCK YOU 2009!" and leave it far behind.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (I hope)

1 comment:

  1. 2009 really wasn't your year! I know it can only get better in 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete