My little sweeties

My little sweeties

Thursday, December 3, 2009

They say things happen in threes...

So, on Tuesday I found out I was being laid off from my job. I am trying to decide if this is a good or bad thing. Financially we are fine. We'll have to cut back on some fun stuff, but the core bills and living expenses are not a problem.

However, I love my job. I was starting to get impatient with the direction in which the company was heading, but I love my job. I train school nurses how to use school nursing software and they are some of the most awesome people to work with. The nurses I worked with on Wednesday after I found out all expressed outrage at my layoff and gave me hugs. It made me feel good to know that I really was making their lives and their jobs so much easier. I have a flexible schedule and it is the first job that I ever felt really good about. And now it is over. And it makes me sad.

I am also not sure what the heck I want to do next!

Then again, I was getting mad about the way the company was heading. Customer service was becoming less and less of a priority and charging money was becoming more of a priority. The new COO was purposely creating tension between the office and the field staff and it was becoming miserable to work with the office staff.

And I will get unemployment compensation, so I have some time to enjoy the holidays and then start looking for another dream job. But, what the heck is that job? I have no idea as I thought I had found it. If you are reading, keep me in your prayers.

Oh, and I hope that my title is wrong and that this is it for the bad news for a while. I don't think I can take anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment