My little sweeties

My little sweeties

Monday, March 15, 2010

Busy weekend

I'm so tired today. I will say one benefit of being unemployed is that I can nap pretty much whenever I need to and right now I need to a lot. 15 minutes is really all it takes to give me a second (or third or fourth) wind.

This weekend I went to my niece Samantha's sixth birthday party. It was a lot of fun, but very loud and I of course ate too much food-mostly too many potato chips. That on top of my pregnancy nausea made for a very bloated and sick feeling Jennifer. However, I'd promised to let the girls stay overnight and so I took them home with me. They must have gotten all of their screaming done at the party because they were pretty sedated at my house. We watched UP and ate a late dinner and everyone was packed off to bed.

Sunday we skipped church and slept in. Jason made everyone pancakes and back or sausage and everyone ate plenty! Then we went bowling. Sammi loves, loves, loves bowling. She wants to win but is still everyone's cheerleader and is just so enthusiastic. It was so much fun! We are all terrible bowlers, but who cares, right?

Once we'd returned the girls to their mother we spent a few minutes visiting my grandmother. We so badly want to convince her to stay in the independent living community that she moved into on a trial basis. She's being quite stubborn about going back home. The problem is that she is 94, lives 2 hours away and refuses to hire anyone to help her out with cleaning or cooking because they might steal something. So the burden is on my mother and she's tired of driving 4 hours every week to clean. Also, Grandma has gained some weight and just is all around healthier living somewhere with regular meals and family to check in on her regularly. But, she's a stubborn woman. Keep her in your prayers if you can.

And then home again we went and we skipped dinner and watched The Informant and went to bed. I think I may go back to bed for a nap shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an eventful weekend! I'd be exhausted if I were you too!

    I Love bowling too, and like you I'm not the best bowler out there...but it's a blast, to do with a family :) Glad you guys had fun!

    So, is there a way that you can make your grandmother stay in the assisted living area that she is staying in? It sounds like it's good for her! For sure, she will be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete